CLE | Transgender Name Changes for Pro Bono Attorneys
Wednesday, June 26, 2019 | Noon - 1:30 PM
CNY Philanthropy Center | 431 East Fayette Street, Syracuse
This training prepares you to assist transgender individuals with obtaining name and gender marker changes as a volunteer for the Volunteer Lawyers Project of Onondaga County. Free to volunteers.
Covered Topics Include:
- Cultural Competency and Sensitivity in Working with Transgender Clients
- A Look at NY Civil Rights Law Article 6, Sec. 60 et. Seq.
- Gender Marker Change Process
- Updating Birth Certificates in NYS, NYC, and Other States
- Name Change of Minors — Notice, Best Interest
- PLUS: Other Common Legal Issues Transgender Clients Face and How to Screen for Those Issues
- Access to Healthcare
- Discrimination in Public Accommodation
- Discrimination in Employment
- Complications with Family Law